What are iTunes gift cards?
iTunes gift cards are used only for buying software, music, and other similar downloadable products on iTunes store. Think of it as credit for virtual products. iTunes gift cards credit the iTunes account associated with your Apple ID, and can also be used for in-app purchases.
iTunes gift cards sold on Cardtonic
We accept cards from the USA, UK, any European country, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand and other countries acceptable on Cardtonic.
Note: Not all cards will be available for trade at all times.
Trading your iTunes gift card the right way:
- Cardtonic accepts iTunes physical cards and ecodes (not all the time), you will see it under the category if it is acceptable at any point in time.
- Cardtonic accepts iTunes cards from multiple countries. You should pay attention to the country of the subcategory you are selecting.
- iTunes gift card trades do not need a receipt but if you have the receipt, feel free to upload as well.
- Pay attention to the denomination limit (if any). Some trades only allow you to trade less than $100 denomination while some trade allows only $10-$25.
- iTunes gift card transactions only take a few minutes. So you can grab a cup of coffee and relax as you wait for confirmation from our Admin. You will receive a notification once done.
What are Apple gift cards?
Apple Store cards can be used for the purchase of hardware devices such as MacBook, iPhones, iWatch, etc. Apple store gift cards can be redeemed in-store and online.
On CARDTONIC: These terms are used interchangeably. But generally, cards below $200 are generally concluded to be iTunes, while above $200 can be considered apple gift cards.
Similarities between an iTunes and Apple store gift card::
Below are the major similarities you should see between the Apple store and iTunes gift cards.
- Apple store and iTunes gift cards both start with ” X ”. It was previously ” X “ and ``Y''.
- Cardtonic only accepts Apple store and iTunes gift cards that start with “ X “.
- Both digital assets are produced by Apple, makers of the iPhone mobile phone.
- Both Apple and iTunes gift cards are redeemable on Cardtonic.
- Both gift cards have 16 digits.
Differences between an iTunes and Apple store gift card:
Below are the major differences you should know when trading Apple store and iTunes gift cards.
- The minimum we accept for iTunes gift cards is $25 while the maximum is $200 (Single cards: Single cards refer to a gift card having the minimum value within a named category.
- The minimum we accept for Apple store gift cards is any amount from $201 upwards.
- Itunes are redeemable online.
- Apple store gift cards are redeemed at a physical store location.
- iTunes is processed within 10 minutes depending on the volume of transactions at the moment and offers availability.
- Apple store gift cards take an average of 30 minutes to 3 hours to be completed.